Sunday, January 09, 2011

worry

I have 10 more days till I physically have to return to work.
Although I'm feeling stronger every day I am afraid
of going back full force into the world.

I haven't even driven my car yet.

I have a hard time resting because I worry so much.

No matter how much I talk about the uselessness of worry
and how it accomplishes nothing except causing stress,
I still do it.
I worry.
It's my worst vice.

My New Year's resolution has to involve worrying less.
I can't live in perpetual dread of
the next thing
the next thing
the next thing.

Do I need to learn to trust myself more?
Trust God?
Trust that it really IS all small stuff?
.
.
.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

~Sarafina~ said...

If you are of a more spiritual lean, you might want to pick up the book 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. It's a combo of several different "faiths" (Buddhist ideas, Christianity ideas, New Age ideas) but the basic premise is that we have to learn to live in the NOW because that's all we have. And now to not get stuck in the past, and how to not live for the future - this book literally changed my life. :)